Pakistani engineer stranded in Ajman: 'Take all salary but give return visa to Pakistan'

Abdullah Mukhtar and Armghan Haider

, IMAGE SOURCE

COURTESY ABDULLAH MUKHTAR

 Armghan Haider's sister had refused to attend her marriage ceremony while her friend Abdullah Mukhtar's sister was also adamant about how she could be happy on the most important day of her life in the absence of her only brother and best friend. May be

Armaghan had no other choice, so he showed his sister a fake ticket and said he was returning to Pakistan the next day. Abdullah, on the other hand, could only attend his sister's wedding via video call and his sister was telling him, "Even if the whole world did not attend this wedding, (I wish) you would have been present."

The two young engineers, Pakistani Abdullah Mukhtar and Armaghan Haider, have been stranded at a port in the UAE state of Ajman for the past several months.

The United Arab Emirates and Ajman have imposed visa restrictions on Pakistanis because of Corona. That is why Abdullah and Armaghan are not being given transit visas to return to Pakistan. "Take all our salary from us but give us a transit visa to return to Pakistan," he says.

The BBC contacted Ajman Port Trust officials, who said they would inquire into further information and details of the agent. Pakistan's foreign office has not yet commented.

The Pakistanis told the BBC that Ajman had imposed visa restrictions on citizens of countries other than Pakistan, Iran, Yemen and Somalia due to the Corona sanctions. Due to which transit visa is not being provided to both of them.

Abdullah Mukhtar and Armghan Haider

, IMAGE SOURCE

COURTESY ABDULLAH MUKHTAR

Who are the stranded Pakistanis?

Abdullah Mukhtar and Armghan Haider, both Pakistanis stranded at the port of Ajman, had recently graduated in marine engineering. They are disappointed that they cannot share a happy or sad moment with their family.

Both are classmates and both got their first job after graduation in the ships Fairfathen and Fair Pegasus from the Greek company Fairdale.

Abdullah Mukhtar is from Karachi. He took the job in June 2019 and his contract was until April 2020, after which he was to return to Pakistan. They have been stranded at the port of Ajman for almost 11 months.

On the other hand, Armaghan Haider belongs to Dera Ismail Khan district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. He started his services in February 2020 and his contract was till September 2020. He has been trapped for almost six months.

Abdullah Mukhtar told the BBC that he had prepared the documents for his immediate return after the completion of his contract with the company.

"I was told by my agent that I would be back soon but I have not been able to return yet," he said. Which has left me frustrated.

"Contrary to the company's wishes, I preferred to return after the end of my contract, but it has not yet been possible," Haider said.

"We have no problem on the plane," he said. The company has also prepared return papers for us. In addition, food, water and all basic facilities are being provided by the company, but at the moment our first need is to reach our homeland and home.

عبداللہ مختار اور ارمغان حیدر

, IMAGE SOURCE

COURTESY ABDULLAH MUKHTAR

'Sisters were not willing to marry without us'

The two are friends and their stories are similar.

"We are two brothers and sisters," said Abdullah Mukhtar. My sister's wedding was arranged before I got on the plane. At that time, it was decided that if the contract with the company expires, then the marriage will take place.

"Even after the termination of the contract, my return was not possible, so the wedding date was postponed twice, but now it was not possible to postpone this date much," he said.

"I spoke to my sister in detail on the phone and agreed to marry her with great difficulty."

He said he attended his sister's wedding via video call.

"Even then, my sister was telling me that even if the whole world did not attend the wedding, you would have been present. I was just comforting him. '

Armaghan Haider was also a victim of a similar situation.

"We are two brothers and two sisters and when I started my job, I kept my contract until my sister's wedding so that I could go home before my sister's wedding," he said.

"We have a friendship, not a sibling relationship, and one and a half times her wedding date was postponed, but then my brother-in-law and father-in-law had some problems. The wedding dates had to be rescheduled.

He said that the marriage ceremony was to be held before the sister's departure. She was on leave two days later. My sister was not attending the wedding without me. On this occasion I showed him a fake ticket on video call that I am arriving tomorrow. After which he attended the marriage ceremony.

Armaghan Haider said that he had persuaded her to leave on the second day after the marriage ceremony with great difficulty.

"Unfortunately, we have missed out on some of the most precious and memorable moments of our lives."

Seaman service book and transit visa

Almost every country in the world has recognized the right of transit visa for the holders of the Seaman Service Book of the member countries in the agreements of the International Labor Organization and other international agreements. It also includes the states of the United Arab Emirates and Ajman.

Holders of Seaman Service Book of any country are provided transit visa for repatriation from Bandar.

With the help of this, these people can enter the cities and travel to their country by air or any other means.

Armaghan Haider claims that "we both have the Seaman Service Book issued by the government of Pakistan but we are told by the authorities at the port that there is currently a visa ban for Pakistanis which is why we are not being issued visas." '

"When we talk to them only about transit visas, they still apologize to us that there is nothing we can do, even though many sailors from other countries have gone to their home countries after getting transit visas from the port of Ajman in front of us. '

The BBC contacted the Ajman Port administration to seek its position, saying it would inquire into further information and details of the agent.

On the other hand, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry was contacted by e-mail to discuss the matter, but so far no response has been received from either side.

"Congratulations to to know if the phone nephew's death.

"My father is sick at the moment," said Abdullah Mukhtar. They need to be taken to the doctor every second, third day.

"Even my mother is not well," he said. She is taking care of her father with great difficulty.

"My mother calls every other day and asks when I'm coming back. They need me now. '

"My dearest uncle has died," said Armaghan Haider. I could not attend his funeral. My niece died shortly after birth. I called my brother to congratulate him and he told me this news.

"Just put your hand on your heart and think about how we would have spent these moments and time," he urged the authorities.

"We say take all the salary from us but give us a transit visa to go back to Pakistan

Post a Comment

0 Comments